Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Peek in my Art Journal: Link-up #12

This week I decided that it was time to try drawing faces, so I did a quick Google image search of some characters from tv shows I like and saved them as reference images to start my practice.  This week, I have been trying to draw Dean from Supernatural, played by Jensen Ackles.  The first attempt, on the left, looks kind of like Dean but has no nose.  The second, on the right, has a nose but looks nothing like Dean. And I don't think that the proportions are right in either one.  Oh well, I will keep trying until I get it right.
Diva Challenge #252:  Tangle within a tangle
The Diva challenged us to use a tangle as a string this week.  I used Showgirl as my string and filled it with Riverstones and Fleavy.  Then I pulled out my new colored pencils and added some color.  I really like it.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tile for the diva challenge! I love the color, so cheerful!

Loca4crafts said...

Thank you, Kate. I love adding color.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Like Kate, I love the color you used!