Thursday, December 31, 2015

Peek in my Art Journal: Link-up #8

This week I have four pages to share.  Unfortunately, I used my phone for the pictures, thus they are super blurry.  Boo for phones with crappy cameras.

First, I completed the Fortune Favors the Bold page.  I filled in the background with different tangles and tried to make the bottom look like peacock feathers.  I wanted it to feel bolder towards the bottom of the page.  I think I achieved that.
 My second page was inspired by a Journal52 prompt.  The prompt was "Just add a Dinosaur  think of a time when having a sense  of humor was important, or something that really makes you laugh – maybe a comic strip or a joke you’ve seen somewhere in a book or magazine or newspaper or online."  I immediately thought of the Was Not Was song "Walk the Dinosaur," so I copied the lyrics to the song for the background and then pasted a cool picture of a dinosaur fighting a crocodile on top.  I like it!
 My third page is a quote page.  The quote, "Forever - is composed of Nows," is from an Emily Dickinson poem which was featured in the book Paper Towns.  I have been wanting to try a flower background, so that's what I did here.  I decided to color the letters and leave the flowers in black and white.  I'm still not sure if I am happy with that.  I might end up adding more color at a later date.
 That last page showed me that I need more practice with my lettering, especially my bubble cursive lettering, so I decided to practice.  My fourth page is not complete, but it is a practice of some lettering.  I need a lot of practice with this still.

No comments: