Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tuesday Tips and Tricks: Quick Holiday Gifts

If you are anything like me, you often find yourself running around last minute trying to make/put together gifts for family and friends.  Whether it's a birthday, Christmas, or some other gift-giving occasion, I always seem to run out of time... so I like to have some quick and easy gifts I can turn to and make in a pinch.

Fingerless Mitts are a great, speedy gift.  Two patterns that I love are Danyel Pink Designs' Crochet Wrist Warmers...

...and Daphne Bekiari's V-Stitch Fingerless Gloves.
One is crocheted flat and seamed; the other is crocheted in the round.  Both are quick and easy and make great last-minute gifts.




Cowls, or infinity scarves, are another great last-minute gift.  Just choose your favorite stitch pattern, crochet or knit a flat strip, then seam it up.  Or you can knit or crochet in the round.  One of my favorite gift cowls is Jane Richmond's Marian Cowl.
I've already knit 5 of these cowls and I don't plan to stop.  Big needles and bulky yarn make it a quick and easy knit.



Earwarmers are another great gift.  I really like the Valentine Romance Headband.
It is a quick, easy crochet project and is easily jazzed up with some bling.  I found these crystals in the jewelry department of the craft store, but you could also crochet some flowers or motifs, add pretty buttons... the options are endless.


Well, I better get back to making my last minute gifts.  Hopefully I have inspired you to pull out your hook or your needles and get some gifts together.

No comments: