Monday, April 13, 2015

K is for Knyt, Knot Rickz, and Kitl

This month I am participating in the A to Z Challenge.  Each day of April, except Sundays, represents a different letter of the alphabet and I will be posting Zentangle art using patterns that start with the letter of the day.  I have been wanting to learn more tanglepatterns and I am using this challenge as incentive.  If you are interested in joining the challenge or checking out some other blogs, visit this link.


This is my version of Knyt, Knot Rickz and Kitl.
As a knitter, I could not resist the Knyt tangle and I could not resist drawing it in the shape of a knit object.  So I traced a clipart drawing of a winter hat and filled it with my tangles.  Hope you like it :)

12 comments:

SuzyMosh said...

Your April letter a day challenge sounds somewhat like my "That's New to Me!" challenge on my blog. We choose a letter at random for the week and create drawings with patterns starting with that letter that we've never drawn before. Maybe after you get through April, you'd consider joining us? The challenge is at http://suzymoshcreations.blogspot.com/p/thats-new-to-me-weekly-challenge.html

Loca4crafts said...

That sounds like so much fun! I will definitely be stopping by. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the A to Z challenge a few years ago. Just a few days ago I was wishing that I thought of doing zentangle patterns for each letter as I'm learning lots at the moment. Good to see someone doing so! K is great and I look forward to seeing the rest of your letter posts.

Holly Beaster said...

The Knut tangle is so much fun! Thanks for introducing it to me!

Loca4crafts said...

Thank you Kylie. It is so much fun!

Holly, I am glad you like it. I hope you enjoy drawing this new tangle.

LezliB said...

I love your tangled ski hat. The tangles except for Knot Rickz and new to me and the look perfect for this hat. Great tile

Loca4crafts said...

Thank you :) I'm glad I could introduce you to some new tangles.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

what a very clever idea to use the outline of the hat to make your strings this week. I have recently taken up knitting so it is fascinating to look closely. Wonderfully rendered!

Antonine said...

Gotta love a twofer! I love the tangle pattern Knyt. It takes some concentration, but once you get going, it's so much fun!

hungrycorgistudio said...

It's woven together beautifully! And I love the color!!! Sarah

Loca4crafts said...

Thank you so much.

Loca4crafts said...

Thank you so much.