Monday, April 4, 2016

C is for Capell, Casella, Carp3, Crescent Moon, C-Stem, and Ciceron

A to Z Challenge 2016:  Zentangle-Inspired Art
I will be tangling my way through the alphabet.  Zentangle is a form of abstract art formed from tangles: patterns of simple lines and curves.  A traditional Zentangle is drawn on a 3.5 inch square tile.  Since my art is in a larger format, it is Zentangle-inspired.  I will be using the list of tangles on Tanglepatterns.com to journey through a Zentangle-inspired alphabet this month.  Each day I will choose at least one tangle that is new to me.

Today's tangles are all new to me:  Capell, Casella, Carp3, Crescent Moon, C-Stem, and Ciceron.  I am not 100% happy with the left side of this design, so I will probably add more detail to it later.
I am exhausted after all that detail work.
See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Valerie Storey said...

I am amazed at what you have taken on for the challenge. Sounds like you need a strong cup of tea, a good rest, and a lot of ink! Stay inspired.

Loca4crafts said...

Thanks, Valerie. I am really enjoying this challenge, although most days will not be as intricate as this C drawing :)

Shelly said...

That's very beautiful! I can't imagine how long that must have taken.

Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com

Loca4crafts said...

It took a while. I was watching a movie while drawing, so not sure exactly how long, but definitely over an hour.