Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Tips and Tricks: How to Make Doodle ATCs

Here's another installment of Tips and Tricks Tuesday.  I'd like to make this a regular feature on the blog some day.  Today I am going to show you how I made a series of 10 doodle ATCs, or Artist Trading Cards.

Step 1
Grab a sheet of white cardstock and randomly color it with markers.  I used my Chartpak Ad Markers, but any markers will work.
A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Step 2
Start doodling with a pen color that will show over all the colors.  I used a black pen and some tangles from the Tangle Patterns website.  Cover the whole sheet of cardstock with the doodles.
A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Step 3
Measure and cut the cardstock into 10 rectangles that measure 2.5" by 3.5". 

A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Step 4
Protect the doodles with Mod Podge or a varnish and add artist information to the back of the ATCs.

A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Voila.  You now have 10 beautiful doodle ATCs to share with friends or strangers.

 Do you make ATCs?  Do you doodle?
Have you ever made anything like this project?

No comments: