Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WIP Wednesday: CYC Crochet Instructor Samples

I have been working on the Craft Yarn Council Crochet Instructor Program for some time now.  When I first downloaded the materials, I got really excited and started reading the two manuals and crocheting all the samples immediately.  Some samples were easy.
A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Others challenged me with color work and crochet cables.  I learned a lot and tried new things and techniques that I might normally avoid out of fear. 


Then I read the actual instructions for the samples that I am supposed to submit.  The instructions for each sample should be adjusted so the end result measures about 5 inches square.  None of my samples measured that size.  I had to start over.


A photo posted by Lisa (@lalocadesigns) on
Reading the instructions more closely also showed me that I had crocheted more samples than I actually needed.  Now I have almost finished all my samples.  I just ran out of yarn recently, but once I buy some more, I should be able to finish quickly.  I am really enjoying the experience and I am looking forward to completing the program and beginning some local crochet classes.

What are you working on this week?
I am linking up with Life and Yarn and Small Things this week. 

No comments: