Friday, February 8, 2013

Bike Helmet Ear Warmers (FO Friday)

This FO is from December, but I have been using them a lot recently.  We have had some sunny days where we can take out our new bikes for a ride, but it has still been cold.  I really hate when my ears get cold when I am riding my bike.  They often get so cold that they hurt, so I knit some ear warmers that attach to your bike helmet.  They are awesome.

Pattern:  Bike Helmet Ear Warmers
I used some awesome vintage red wool with black flecks that I found on Craigslist.  It is a thick and thin yarn, so the ear warmers ended up a little on the thick side.  They make my helmet really snug, but since my bike is black and red, I couldn't resist.  I love being matchy-matchy :)
I highly recommend this pattern if you ride your bike in the cold.  They really do keep your ears warm.

Check out more FOs at Tami's Amis.

No comments: