Sunday, February 1, 2009

A is for Amigurumi

Amigurumi is a Japanese style of crochet. Instead of joining at the end of each round, the items are crocheted more in a spiral. Amigurumi are small stuffed toys, usually animals but also can be inanimate ojects that are given human features. Here is my amigurumi chicken.
If you have been reading this blog, you have probably seen this little guy before. But you have not seen the painting that inspired me to make a chicken. Here is my honey's chicken painting.I am often inspired by his paintings and hope to do more knitting, crochet and beadwork inspired by his paitings. He creates such awesome creatures :)

2 comments:

CSouthwell said...

I get the feeling you may have one of the more creative entries here.

Thank you.

Fantastic.

Loca4crafts said...

Thanks. This is a fun challenge.