Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ayer, vi a un gato morir :(

Warning: this story is a little graphic, but I have to get it out.

Yesterday, as I was driving to the store, I saw a cat get hit by the car in front of me. The driver did not stop, and the cat flopped and twitched around the road in front of me. I had to stop to see if I could do something, at least check for a tag and call the pet owner. Well, the kitten had no tags. He lay on the road twitching silently, one eyeball hanging out, his mouth filled with blood. I sat with him 'til he died, and then I cried. I got back in my car and left the little kitten, not knowing what else I could do. His image now haunts my thoughts.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

people can be such assholes. i can't believe they didn't even stop. that kinda shit just gets to me. i'm so sorry you had to witness that :(

Loca4crafts said...

It gets to me too. I guess this is why I am so overprotective of my kitty. Thanks.