Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WIP Wednesday: A Bag, a Hat, and a Scarf



This month I have three WIPs (Works in Progress) that I really want to complete and I only have ten days left.  Now, don't get me wrong.  These are not the only WIPs that I have lying around my house, and other various locations; they are the three that I would like to complete this month.  And I have only ten days left.

I'm sure that I can do it.  Really.  I'm sure that I can.




WIP #1:  Plarn Bag
This bag is my own pattern.  I hope to write the pattern out and offer it free on my blog someday soon, but first I have to complete this bag and the initial draft of the pattern.  All that's missing at this point is a row of single crochet around the handles, and somehow it is taking me forever to do it.  

I think I have an actual fear of  finishing things.









WIP #2: Elephant Hat
My cousin had a baby and she decorated the room with handmade elephant-themed items.  I just had to make her an elephant baby hat.  I had to.  This hat has had problems (wow, that sentence has a lot of three letter words that start with ha).  I lost the crochet hook I was using.  I made a newborn hat, and now the baby is three months old.  I still cannot find the hook that I lost or the yarn.  I have more of the same yarn and I finally found another hook of the same size, so it is time to make a larger hat, add a trunk and some ears, and send it to that little baby girl.









WIP #3:  2 Color Brioche Scarf
Oh!  I love this scarf.  I love everything about it; the colors, the stitch, the design, it's all perfect.  And it's almost finished; all it needs is a couple of button holes and some buttons.  This scarf is my own design and grew from a simple experimental swatch that I started, inspired by The Knit Show.  If you have not watched The Knit Show yet, you totally have to check it out.  Vickie Howell is amazing, and inspiring.



Ten days is a ton of time.  I can totally do this.  If only I didn't have this incredible cold that is making my brain not work.  No, really, I can totally do this!

What are you working on this week?

No comments: