Friday, January 9, 2015

Hat and Headbands

Pattern:  Really Warm Hat
Needle:  Size 15 circular and Size 11 DPNs
Yarn:  Loops and Thread Country Loom in the color Falling Leaves
I knit this for my godmother who is going through another round of chemo.  I had previously made one of these hats for a friend, and she loved how soft it was and that it is seamless.  Naked heads can be very sensitive.  I actually finished this hat in October, but it took me a while to complete the rest of the care package.
Hook:  H
Yarn:  Vanna's Choice
My mom mentioned that my godmother was also looking for some earwarmer headbands.  She had a picture of one with a sparkly accessory on it, so I picked  up my crochet hook and some scrap yarn and whipped up this pretty headband.  I love the v stitch pattern.  I found the sparklys at JoAnn's and sewed them on.

Hook:  H
Yarn:  Random Acrylic Yarn
Same pattern but different yarn.  It looks like a completely different headband.
I packaged it all up with a Burt's Bees gift set and mailed it to her.  

No comments: