Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Mitts and a Moose

I have two works in progress(wips) this week.  I have been making myself some fingerless mitts.  I had a great pair that I knit a few years ago, but I cannot find them anywhere, which is actually not a surprise since all my winter accessories are in a pile in a closet.  I really need to get them organized.

Pattern:  V Stitch Fingerless Gloves
Hook:  G
I made a mistake reading the pattern for row 6 and didn't notice until I had almost completed the first mitt.  I decided to just continue with my mistake instead of starting over :)  I also changed the ribbed cuff to a plain sc cuff.
So far this pattern is going well.  The second mitt is feeling a little smaller than the first one, though.

My second wip is for a group challenge on Ravelry.  The challenge is over, but I am still planning to complete my moose head.

Pattern:  Bucky, the Stuffed Moose
Needle: size 4
I love this pattern so far.  I decided to knit in a solid color instead of the multicolored patches.

It's a difficult project to photograph, but I think you can see how the shaping is turning out.  I am also in the planning stages of a groovyghan and thinking about knitting some gloves with fingers as a Christmas gift.

Join in the fun and visit other bloggers and their wips at Tami's Amis.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm terrible at keeping gloves together in pairs. If you come up with a good solution to this, I'd love to read about it. :-D